Okay, Need help is this zanio old news

Burninout101

Established Member
I have not been up to date on all of the car detailing magic lately. I was introduced to Zanio back in 99 with my Lightning and loved it. I got some reordered for me about a year ago as a gift and never looked at anything else. So is this stuff "crap now and should be thrown away" or is it still the elite car care products out? It is about that time and would love to know the absolute best for everything as far as car detailing goes. It does not bother me to spend all weekend detailing one car do to the steps, so let me know which is the best and why would be great too. Thanks for all the help!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
It's not "crap" per se. IMO, Zaino is founded on internet hype. They aren't bad products, but I was entirely unimpressed. I felt like I could have achieved better results using less products. There are people that live and die by Zaino (Zealots), but I was disappointed in the results and found the whole process to be overly complicated/annoying.

As for what is "good," you'll get a hundred different opinions and, for the most part, they are all right. Just try some quality products and experiment with combos and you'll find something you like. I personally like Poorboy's stuff. I've also had good results with Optimum, Klasse, and Clearkote.

What color is your car??

Burninout101

Established Member
Torch Red. 03 coupe 10th anniversary.
I was originally a Mothers boy, until Zanio. I figure there has to be something better, granted everyone has there own opinions. But there are usually a couple of products that stand out. Just trying to see what those are. I have tried asking some of the auto detailer in the Dallas are which products they use on there high end clients and they all say a house blend, so that has gotten me no where.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a rio red 99 cobra and love the Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze and the Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax. This combination looks great with red. I have never tried Zaino but Clearkote has some very nice products.

jzepp

Established Member
yeah Zaino's process is overkill to me. They say to start out with a claybar......then pre wax cleaner, then apply wax and then apply gloss enhancer spray and then apply 3-4 more coats of wax and gloss enhancer spray in between each coat.

At least this is how my instructions tell you to do it. Of course that is probably to get the highest gloss shine out of your car but i don't have all that time.

I have heard good things about PoorBoys products. Does anybody use them?

Scott P

Established Member
Zaino is a fine product and if you have it, why not use it? It's only a year old, so it will still be good unless it was stored in extreme temperatures.

Keep in mind, there is no "best" product. There is only the product that works best for you.

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
Scott P said:
Zaino is a fine product and if you have it, why not use it? It's only a year old, so it will still be good unless it was stored in extreme temperatures.

Keep in mind, there is no "best" product. There is only the product that works best for you.

+2

I have had zero issues using Zaino's, so I will stick with it. I have 10 coats of their show car polish on my car, and a lot of times I can just rinse the car off, and dry it, and I am good to go.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I love the Poorboy's line in general. Good products that do exactly as described.

For Torch Red you'll be hard pressed to find something warmer and nicer than Clearkote RMG followed with Clearkote CMW.

I like carnaubas on dark colors and to me Zaino leaves a hard "plastic" look that has nice reflections but no depth or warmth.

GunsUpCoyote

Global Wahhh? 12 mpg
Established Member
It's not "crap" per se. IMO, Zaino is founded on internet hype. They aren't bad products, but I was entirely unimpressed. I felt like I could have achieved better results using less products. There are people that live and die by Zaino (Zealots), but I was disappointed in the results and found the whole process to be overly complicated/annoying.

As for what is "good," you'll get a hundred different opinions and, for the most part, they are all right. Just try some quality products and experiment with combos and you'll find something you like. I personally like Poorboy's stuff. I've also had good results with Optimum, Klasse, and Clearkote.

My opinion is because you have a white car. Easiest to keep clean, but man o man when you get a back car with zaino on it, or any darker color car for that matter. Thats when you really can see the difference.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
SlammedTermy said:
My opinion is because you have a white car. Easiest to keep clean, but man o man when you get a back car with zaino on it, or any darker color car for that matter. Thats when you really can see the difference.

Are you saying that ZAINO looks good on a black car... :dw: I'm just trying to understand what you are talking about. ;-)

Slow06GT

Established Member
I put a couple coats of Zaino on a couple weeks ago with z6 inbetween which is supposed to help repell dust but I have noticed that my car has collected dust alot faster than when I just used the spray on wax from the car wash.It did look 10x better though just a bit confused about all the dust.

Scott P

Established Member
Sometimes there is a static charge built up from buffing the product off. A regular car wash and dry will fix that. I had those isssues with both Zaino and Wolfgang. But, those occurred when I drove the car immediately after the details. The roads had some dried road salt on them, so much of that dust stuck to my car.

mosconiac

Established Member
Everyone always says the "Zaino Process" is complicated and time-consuming. Those people are simply mis-informed...and probably never used the product in the first place. It's not "internet hype". I've been using Zaino's (in one form or another) since about 1990, so I know a little bit about it..pre-"internet hype".

Yes, if you are an extremely anal person about your car, it can be a long, drawn out process...but ANY prodcut can be turned into that with multiple layers and such.

Saying Zaino's needs a clay-barring first in unfair, because your car could probably use a clay-barring first no matter what product you intend to use. Zaino's simply recommends it to get the most out of their product.

If you are NOT an extremely anal person, you can do a simple treatment that works very, very well. In fact, their latest product (Z-CS Clear Seal) can supercede all preceding polishes. Here's their description of it.

RELAX - QUIT WORKING TOO HARD & WASTING TIME!

JUST APPLY & LET DRY!

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is finally here after years in development. From conception to realization, the principal and design emphasis of Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal was quite fundamental - an advanced total synthetic polymer protectant that is simply wiped on, and that's it! Yes, achieve Zaino award winning gloss and protective durability in ONE simple wipe on step. Wipe on, and walk away, you're done. No buffing. No final wipe down. Simplicity at it's best. Just apply & let dry.

Zaino is pioneering the industry with Z-CS, a self curing transparent sealer that doesn't require any buffing or final wiping. Z-CS dries clean and without residue. Use Z-CS on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss that Zaino is most popular for. All surfaces are protected against potentially damaging exposure to sun or ultra-violet light with our best UV inhibitors.

For up to 9 months protection, use Z-CS to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself. You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer's product. Z-CS extends the gloss and durability of any previously applied products. Z-CS should never be applied over uncured waxes.

Now, tell me what other product can claim such a simple process?

Last edited:

sonicblu03

Established Member
I now use Scott's products. Threw all my other stuff away or just gave it to my friends. Car never looked better!!!!!!! Give him a call.

Slow06GT

Established Member
Scott P said:
Sometimes there is a static charge built up from buffing the product off. A regular car wash and dry will fix that. I had those isssues with both Zaino and Wolfgang. But, those occurred when I drove the car immediately after the details. The roads had some dried road salt on them, so much of that dust stuck to my car.
would it help if I used cotton towels to take the zaino off?

Users who are viewing this thread