Okay I just have to ask

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
On an intersection with a left red arrow, can you make a U-Turn on that red arrow? I've heard this several times and now I heard it from a police officer, but I still find it somewhat hard to believe.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
u turns are generally only allowed on green arrows, as they put you in the line of fire of more than a few paths of oncoming traffic.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
FordSVTFan said:
If the arrow is red, you cant make any turn until the arrow is green, u-turn or otherwise.

That's what I said, but what about red right arrows? There's a pretty popular intersection off of I4 (exit @ conroy going west) over here in Orlando that has two lanes both are red arrows, and yet people stop and make a right when clear like it was a normal red light. I've even seen police cars do this.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
+1 it is. I've bean ticketed for that in FL 7 years ago. But I swear man, that light just would not change!!! Thier were no cars, so I made the right, and a LEO was parked on the side of the road watching me the whole time. lol I think he planed it. ha ha j/k.

BM1

Established Member
Are u-turns always legal as long as there's no sign stating otherwise?

mav_tu

Established Member
Black Mach 1 said:
Are u-turns always legal as long as there's no sign stating otherwise?
Yes, U-turns are legal as long as it is not posted as "No U-Turn" or "No Right Turn on Red." That being said, if there is a red right arrow, you can make the turn AFTER coming to a complete stop. They just want you to stop and clear the intersection due to high pedestrian or vehicle traffic. Just check very closely for a sign clarifying that you cannot make a right turn on red.

Generally if there is a red arrow, there is another little box that sits beside the arrow that only lights up during certain parts of the day (periods of high traffic volumes) that says, "No Right Turn on Red."

Users who are viewing this thread