Ok96-98 Cobra Guys Need Help

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
For a street car I would go with vortech. They have proven the test of time and have always been the top or 2nd best in blowers. Their quality is always been good. Procharger may flow more cfm but really are you gonna build something over 700rwhp? Simple S-trims are capable of 500rwhp.
-Mark

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I would probably go with the procharger just because it somes with an intercooler. I don't know much about the quality or reliability though.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
procharger w/ 3 core intercooler :) (air to air)

i dont like the vortech and its aftercooler, its not as effective (air to water or something)

98Vobra

Established Member
Vortech for reliablity and power :rockon: Easy to install and add a snow performance boost cooler for $400 and it will run forever. I have had my V1-s trim on my car since it was new in 98, the car has just under 11,000 miles now and never one problem. I have a 3.33 pulley and make 12psi my dyno #'s are at 11psi with spark blow out so I should see just at 500 with good spark and tune. :banana:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
lookinfor cobra said:
REAL SIMPLE!!!! VORTECH OR PROCHARGER???????? :rockon:
neither.. Kenne Bell since it will give you that off the line "kick in the pants" that neither the Vortech or Procharger can give you, yes ultimately you will be down a little on your peak hp compared to the centrifical blowers, but will more than make up for it on your overall torque curve..

Users who are viewing this thread