OK, who is going First with 4.30's or 4.56's?

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone had done this yet, and where that would put a Boss (RPM wise) thru the 1/8 and 1/4? I have 4.56's in my 96 Cobra and they Really woke the car up over the 4.10's I had before. I'm thinking a New Boss with exhaust/Bolt-on's/tune (8000 RPM)/ and 4.30's would Rock!!!! :burnout:

Opinions? :read:

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Why would you buy a boss to turn it into a 1/4 mile car? That doesn't make any sense when a new GT can be had new for over $10,000 less...

12C/OBoss

Established Member
Why would you buy a boss to turn it into a 1/4 mile car? That doesn't make any sense when a new GT can be had new for over $10,000 less...

Why not!! We made 785rwhp with my Boss...just to say we did it! The motor is awesome and the platform is so flexible, so you can do what you want

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone had done this yet, and where that would put a Boss (RPM wise) thru the 1/8 and 1/4? I have 4.56's in my 96 Cobra and they Really woke the car up over the 4.10's I had before. I'm thinking a New Boss with exhaust/Bolt-on's/tune (8000 RPM)/ and 4.30's would Rock!!!! :burnout:

Opinions? :read:

I for one love the 4.30's in my 98 Cobra but with the 6 speed and the gearing spread on the Boss 4.10's would be the steepest gears i would run.

jake74

Established Member

I'm a 1/4 mile guy and bought my boss cause of the all forged internal's,lack of creature comfort's and cause it looks cool.I figured it would be cheaper in the long run than pulling the gt motor and upgrading it to what the boss already comes with.

ALLNTRL

Established Member

Because, I would pay the difference for the Forged motor, ported heads, intake, etc. and the adjustable suspension (to use on the street) but, I'm just Not an autocross guy. :shrug: Plus, you get a limited edition car. Maybe it's Just me but 8000RPM and 4.30's sound like alot of fun on the street. :burnout:

Loosescrews

Established Member
Why not!! We made 785rwhp with my Boss...just to say we did it! The motor is awesome and the platform is so flexible, so you can do what you want

I AGREE! Why is that some have a preconceived notion that a BOSS is just for one thing. It is a muscle car, it is a sports car just as any other muscle/sports car. Do what you want with the car and it will do great at whatever you task it with.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread