ok what next. I want to get over the 500rwhp mark!!

brett3xx

Established Member
OK I have an 03 cobra mods are CAI, 95mm MAF, 2.75 pully, ported eaton. Made 469rwhp. since then I have added OR bassani X, and bassani catback. So what should I do next? I have been thinking about adding a little NOS? maybe a 100 shot? Is this a good idea on these cars? Thanks for the help

brett3xx

Established Member
If im already at 500 the I want more. What could I do to get say 40-50 more hp? I street race mostly, the best Ive went at the track was a 7.90@94mph with severe wheel hop and a 2.2 60ft. I just want more power. when do I need to start upgrading my fuel system? and what should I upgrade?

Iron Fist

Established Member
If you haven't done so already, added a "Boost-a-Pump", I think you need more fuel to support your mods. :beer:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
brett3xx said:
If im already at 500 the I want more. What could I do to get say 40-50 more hp? I street race mostly, the best Ive went at the track was a 7.90@94mph with severe wheel hop and a 2.2 60ft. I just want more power. when do I need to start upgrading my fuel system? and what should I upgrade?

you don't need more power......you can't lay down what you have. You need traction & suspension work.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Like the fella's said you need to address the fuel, suspension and drivetrain week points before adding more power.
Most add a bunch of power first and pay a lot later.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
brett3xx said:
with severe wheel hop and a 2.2 60ft.

I hope you have an IRS brace or your going to have some serious leaking going on or some carnage! If you start to wheel-hop you better let out of it or you're going to have serious problems!

brett3xx

Established Member
Im runniung stock suspension right now. Im going to but an IRS brace and new aluminum bushings in soon. What else should I upgrade that want brake the bank? Also what fuel upgrades should I do? Thanks, Brett

SVTPaul

Established Member
On a related note, is it necessary to run the fuel pump wire upgrade if you go with the KB BAP? I'm at 500 rwhp on the stock fuel system and when I get my tune verified I think I'm going to be looking at adding more fuel with the BAP and 60# injectors for a little extra safety. I've been reading through some FAQs and stuff at Modular Fords and over there they seem to say that you shouldn't go all the way to 500 without fuel mods...something like 470 and you're getting into an unsafe region for the stock system. I've always heard that stock is good for 500 safely and up to 550 but that is REALLY pushing it. I hate reading different things everywhere I look.

Users who are viewing this thread