Ok, tuning software guys...I need help.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
This is actually pretty easy and I am led to believe it is a quick adjustment in my tune. If the car is cold...like first start of the day or first start in many, many hours...it doesnt like to idle steady. It cranks right up and proceeds to idle between 500 and 1400. It bounces back and forth. As it falls...I can quick tap...I mean like barely touch pedal, no pressure and will rise back up. Then it falls back down after 10 seconds at 1400. If I sit there for 5 minutes, it evens out and idles better. Here's the thing...if I drive even 1 mile and stop and restart, the will crank and idle perfect. It's like as soon as it gets some gas thru the motor and burns, its fine. I have researched and heard about dashpot setting, open/close loop etc. What in the software would cause it to do this...doesnt the car run in different modes between idle and road use...close loop/open loop. Someone help me tie this together please

01yellercobra

Established Member
That doesn't sound like a dashpot setting to me. That sounds like something with the cold start idle. The ECU is is open loop when cold and under WOT. Meaning it doesn't read the O2's. Once warmed up and at part throttle the ECU runs in closed loop. I'm not sure what you need to change. I've only messed with the cold fueling table in my tune.

toomanytoys

Established Member
That sounds like surging idle ala dirty or sticking IAC. Give it a good cleaning and report back. Easiest fixes first

Users who are viewing this thread