Ok time to do a build sheet.... Whipple 2.3

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
Please help me break it down Barney style. Ok I want over 500 safe rwhp on a very conservative tune... With reserch I have done I have figured out I don't want the eaton. Well I don't think I want to stay with the eaton. I need 60 lb injectors, 40 amp bap. I have been looking at the whipple 2.3 for stock tb. I have a #6 metco lower what are the steps to achieve this over 500 street able safe cobra .... Stupid question but I need more info. Do I change to a stock lower and pulley the upper or can I use the #6 lower... Need some more Insite from people who have been around the cobra block!

Last edited:

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Well 500rwhp is incredibly easy to obtain with a 2.3 whipple on 93 octane. 60lbs and a BAP should get you there. You could keep the lower but run a really large upper if you want to avoid having the change it out.

Rah

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
Well 500rwhp is incredibly easy to obtain with a 2.3 whipple on 93 octane. 60lbs and a BAP should get you there. You could keep the lower but run a really large upper if you want to avoid having the change it out.

Rah

RAH! I was thinking the tvs but I was thinking about not deleting my EGR........ I have as a lot of people in New England say one of the greatest tuners (Pete at performance dyno) I have so many questions I want more power I guess for my ego but I want room to grow also.. I treat this car like a damn princess second summer with it I hope to get more out of it .

cj428mach

Established Member
You need to plan a head. The whipple at 13psi or whatever it takes to make your 500rwhp goal isn't going to be very impressive and you'll get bored of it quickly. I started my old SB car out on the Whipple at 13psi and it didn't take long to be at 15, then 16psi, then finally 17psi. I ran that for about 1.5 years combined on my two Terminators until I upgraded to an e85 capable system.

The next stage on E85 was 18.5, then 20, then 21-22 psi and I'm out of pulley and out of blower lol. I originally told myself that if I could hit 600 rwhp I'd be happy and that was probably a mind blowing amount of power.......but once you have it you'll find out its not.

Do yourself a favor and get e85 capable injectors and a whipple setup for a SBTB from the start, you'll thank me later.

Que

Swapped99saleen
Established Member
I'm gonna jump in here if you don't mind, this is the same road I'm taking. 2.3 whipple sbtb kooks long tubes and x pipe, I'm guessing from what you suggest I should of bout e85 injectors I'm way over budget and back and fourth on injectors but since she's apart it seems like a wise move. Currently 80lb bap modified fp box -8an returnless div x rails I to just wanted to put 500 to the tires plus. Just can't stop spending on upgrades gonna have to put it together sooner or later just up in the air on injectors

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm gonna jump in here if you don't mind, this is the same road I'm taking. 2.3 whipple sbtb kooks long tubes and x pipe, I'm guessing from what you suggest I should of bout e85 injectors I'm way over budget and back and fourth on injectors but since she's apart it seems like a wise move. Currently 80lb bap modified fp box -8an returnless div x rails I to just wanted to put 500 to the tires plus. Just can't stop spending on upgrades gonna have to put it together sooner or later just up in the air on injectors

If you have 80's you're good to go. You're just fuel pumps, e85 tune and smaller pulley away from 650-700rwhp. The car will run cooler, and you have an almost detonation proof fuel in there.

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
If you have 80's you're good to go. You're just fuel pumps, e85 tune and smaller pulley away from 650-700rwhp. The car will run cooler, and you have an almost detonation proof fuel in there.

Detonation proof? Wow I have to do some more homework....I see all these upgrades and all this work you work guys do I wonder when enough is enough for me at least.. Hahahaha glad I can ask you guys

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Detonation proof? Wow I have to do some more homework....I see all these upgrades and all this work you work guys do I wonder when enough is enough for me at least.. Hahahaha glad I can ask you guys

Yes, if E85 is available in your area, it is absolutely the way to go for not only MAX hp/tq/boost, but also as cj mentioned it's essentially detonation proof. My gas tune makes 550, the E85 tune 700+. The only negative is your fuel economy is roughly a 1/4 worse (or maybe more because you'll be flooring it all the time lol)

I'll add this whipple sliding tensioner as another great item to have, if you can find it. Allows you to adjust the belt tension any way you want, even one belt size to run different upper pulleys. If you think you might be starting to get some slip, just snug it up a hair.

IMG_3788.JPG

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^^^ I actually like that pulley tensioner, so it only works with whipples?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
^^^^^ I actually like that pulley tensioner, so it only works with whipples?

I believe it will work with any of the blowers. I know I've seen eaton cars using it....I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a tvs. I bet it fixes that belt slip issue you have right up plus the flexibility later for when you swap pulleys to go with the corn.

Daywalker

Established Member
You need to plan a head. The whipple at 13psi or whatever it takes to make your 500rwhp goal isn't going to be very impressive and you'll get bored of it quickly. I started my old SB car out on the Whipple at 13psi and it didn't take long to be at 15, then 16psi, then finally 17psi. I ran that for about 1.5 years combined on my two Terminators until I upgraded to an e85 capable system.

The next stage on E85 was 18.5, then 20, then 21-22 psi and I'm out of pulley and out of blower lol. I originally told myself that if I could hit 600 rwhp I'd be happy and that was probably a mind blowing amount of power.......but once you have it you'll find out its not.

Do yourself a favor and get e85 capable injectors and a whipple setup for a SBTB from the start, you'll thank me later.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, trying to decide which blower to go with for the power that I want. Right now, I feel like anything above 570RWHP will be plenty because in 15 years of modding, the most I saw in my GT was 530RWHP and it was a blast. But knowing all of that, I'm still considering a whipple 2.9 just in case all of you are right about me getting used to the power quickly. It's either that, or the Gen II TVS from VMP. Another thing I can't decide on is the fuel, I have an E85 station a block from my apartment but I like to drive hours away from my place for shows and I don't know how available the corn will be at that point...

STEVEOUSMC

Established Member
I like idea of e85 but I haven't seen anything around my area only on the mass pike and it is not worth the ride.... I am thinking 2.3 or 2.9 with injectors and bap... I think I need to talk to a tuner....

Users who are viewing this thread