Ok...so I think I fried my PCM. Please confirm

ez112

Established Member
Moral. Don't ever buy Granatelli COP's. I've had NOTHING but trouble year after year with one after another going out on me, and then having to find where the misfire is.

Ok. I was beating the crap of my truck because it's been sitting for a little bit. And the misfire I was having was intermittent. But all day, that day, it's been gone, and the truck was running great.

Then out of no where it starts to miss and I'm at WOT in this crappy 100 degree Texas heat and then the truck dies. So I try and restart and I get nothing. But here are key things that made me conclude to the PCM.

1. It stunk like burn electronics.
2. When I turn the key all the way forward without cranking, I DON'T see my SES light or oil light, or other related lights. I think I had the battery and ABS. But that was it.
3. I plugged my tuner in and it couldn't connect to it with the key all the way forward. (unless that is common but I swear it will still FIND the PCM)

There is someone on the board that is parting a 2000 Lightning. Is that year PCM ok to use with my 99? I know 01+ isn't, but wasn't sure if the 2000 was the exception.

Thanks!

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Granatelli COP's SUCK, Nothing works better than OEM COP's
You may have shorted out a 02 sensor wire. Look under the truck and inspect the wires around the exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread