Ok, maybe Logan is right!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
mrogerc said:
How old were the tires when you did this? Were they near the end of their useful life on the road? If not, that was one expensive burnout!
They only had one tenth of a mile on them literally. I bought them for $79 a piece, for no other reason than to do that burnout video for the video contest, and I have two sets of wheels for the back, and I installed the wheels and tires on the car just minutes before we shot that video. So I fully expected to burn them up that day. I just didn't think that one burnout would do it. However that wasn't what you would call your every day ordinary burnout either.

Last edited:

mrogerc

Established Member
BillyGman said:
They only had one tenth of a mile on them literally. I bought them for $79 a piece, for no other reason than to do that burnout video for the video contest, and I have two sets of wheels for the back, and I installed the wheels and tires on the car just minutes before we shot that video. So I fully expected to burn them up that day. I just didn't think that one burnout would do it. However that wasn't what you would call your every day ordinary burnout either.

I take it then they were not the Nittos that I saw in the closeup on the video?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
mrogerc said:
I take it then they were not the Nittos that I saw in the closeup on the video?
Right. That's why I had to change the tires and wheels right before the first burnout in the video. I wanted the camera man to do some walk around shots of the car with the Nitto drag radials on since I do run the Nittos on the street every day in the warm weather, and the Nittos look a lot better on the car since they're P305's. But knowing that I was going to go crazy enough to waste atleast one set of tires, there was no way I was going to do that with tires that cost $240 a piece!!!

Last edited:

mrogerc

Established Member
BillyGman said:
But knowing that I was going to go crazy enough to waste atleast one set of tires, there was no way I was going to do that with tires that cost $240 a piece!!!

Good to know that you are only a "partial" madman. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread