Ok, maybe Logan is right!

mrogerc

Established Member
I always thought Logan was a bit too heavy handed on the MM.net board, and I have told him so. After cruising this board for a while, I think maybe his quick trigger finger is not such a bad thing.

Thanks, Logan for creating a board where if I do a search to get real information, I am not sucked into a bucket of flames.

I am glad this board exists too, but I see the value of the heavy handed moderation on MM.net.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
mrogerc said:
Thanks, Logan for creating a board where if I do a search to get real information, I am not sucked into a bucket of flames.

Good point. Sometimes people can work out their differences given the time. MM.net needs a place to let people vent. For now, this is it.

F-16

Established Member
Defyant said:
Good point. Sometimes people can work out their differences given the time. MM.net needs a place to let people vent. For now, this is it.
From what I've been reading you are 100% right.

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
npe!

Defyant said:

Trashing vendors and other members only start more flaming & :bash:

Take a walk around the block before you light some one up and think about your post.

David Morton

Established Member
Hey man, It's his "house" if you will. I expect guests in my house to be civil or I ask them to leave too, wouldn't put up with a bunch of BS from somebody in my house talking about "freedom of speech". I am the dictator in my house and the constitution here says "...because I said so."

I don't see how he does it though, so many threads, so little time.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
bigdogjim said:
Trashing vendors and other members only start more flaming & :bash:

Take a walk around the block before you light some one up and think about your post.

Ironic how this post (trashing me???) would evoke the ire of the moderators at MM.Net. It is good to know that if I chose to go off in a rant here, I could speak my mind. And you would be free to rant back until we got through it and move on.

I'll take the high road and not respond negatively here and simply... move on

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
mrogerc said:
If you're implying that this board is like that, sometimes it can be, but sometimes ANY board including the Marauder board can be too. Sometimes it isn't your fault, but sometimes how you start off the thread with your your question will just invite debeates too. If you ask a question, and along with that question you add comments and conclusions that you've drawn about a certain product (such as superchargers for instance) then you're simply just asking for someone who doesn't agree with your statements to post their 2 cents, and in that case there's nothing wrong with that. But if you ask a question w/out adding any opininated conclusions, then that's a different story.

mrogerc

Established Member
BillyGman said:
If you're implying that this board is like that, sometimes it can be, but sometimes ANY board including the Marauder board can be too. Sometimes it isn't your fault, but sometimes how you start off the thread with your your question will just invite debeates too. If you ask a question, and along with that question you add comments and conclusions that you've drawn about a certain product (such as superchargers for instance) then you're simply just asking for someone who doesn't agree with your statements to post their 2 cents, and in that case there's nothing wrong with that. But if you ask a question w/out adding any opininated conclusions, then that's a different story.

Your point is well taken, Billy. Where I get irritated is when I see repeated axe grinding and the signal-to-noise-ratio goes all to hell. Some folks don't know how to disagree. As I mentioned earlier, I think MM.net can be over the top in the control department, but when I ask a question, like the one I asked about my tranny, I get real answers, like the one you gave.

I downloaded your Bigmerc video. Wow. Not only is the demonstration of tire shredding incredible, but the video production is outstanding. I have shown about a dozen people so far.

This may be a stupid question, but when you do the massive burnout without the car moving, are you feathering the brakes? If not, how do you keep the car from starting forward?

Last edited:

mrogerc

Established Member
Defyant said:

I think you are right--moving posts to a "flames only" area would be a good alternative to the delete button.

By the way, as I have glanced at your avitar, I was thinking it was some image of a spacecraft from a scifi movie. Finally saw what it is--great photo.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
mrogerc said:
I think you are right--moving posts to a "flames only" area would be a good alternative to the delete button.

By the way, as I have glanced at your avitar, I was thinking it was some image of a spacecraft from a scifi movie. Finally saw what it is--great photo.

Thanks man!! I took that (and others like it) in a parking garage late one winter night. The cold made the floresent lights dim. There is a bunch more here at post 21

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
mrogerc said:
This may be a stupid question, but when you do the massive burnout without the car moving, are you feathering the brakes? If not, how do you keep the car from starting forward?
Nope, it isn't a "stupid question" as far as I'm concerned since I don't mind helping people out because many people have helped me out over the years. :burnout:

There were five burnouts in the vid all together. two were just from a dead punch of the gas pedal (no brakes) and three were using the brakes. Of the three burnouts that were of the car standing still, the first two were done using Line-lock which I've installed on my car that incase you don't already know engages the front brakes only to allow the back tires to spin while the go pedal is hammered. And one of the three was performed before I had the Line-Lock on my car, and was performed by me doing a brake torque where the gas and brake are applied at the same time (try it, you'll like it :thumbsup: ) until I made enough smoke, and then I let off the brake pedal while remaining on the gas pedal until the wheels weren't spinning any more and the tires gained traction.

You'll notice on the best and first burnout of the vid, as well as the second one too, there isn't any sign of brake lights since I was using the Line-Lock for those two burnouts. When you want to allow the car to begin moving, then you simply relase the Line-Lock button which is set-up so that you have to hold it down as long as you want the front brakes to be engaged. nyway, I'm glad that you liked that video. On that first burnout in the opening scene, I stayed on the go pedal until I heard the steel belts coming out of the tires (which I wasn't expecting to happen as soon as it did. :burnout:

If you look at the last scene in the video right after the part where you hear the guy in the song laughing in the backround, the camera zooms back, and you can see in the forefront some of the piles of steel belts left on the ground. :D

Okay, now I'm going to ask what might be a stupid question. Does anyone know how to post pictures on this board? I haven't been able to figure that out!

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
BillyGman said:
Does anyone know how to post pictures on this board? I haven't been able to figure that out!

I post my pics at www.photobucket.com and then cut-n-paste the linky into my post. When I submit the post, the pic magicly appears instead of the

:beer:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Defyant said:
I post my pics at www.photobucket.com and then cut-n-paste the linky into my post. When I submit the post, the pic magicly appears instead of the

:beer:
Nope, it didn't work like that for me. Atleast not on this board. the links just appeared, and the pics wouldn't. it only left white squares in my post with a red "X" in the middle.

Last edited:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Billy, did you copy the "IMG tag?

It should look like this:

IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/medmax.jpg[/IMG]

With the bracket around the first "IMG" it looks like:
medmax.gif

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Defyant said:
Billy, did you copy the "IMG tag?

It should look like this:

IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/Defyant/medmax.jpg[/IMG]

With the bracket around the first "IMG" it looks like:
medmax.gif
Yep I did.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Thanks Larry. All this might be due to the fact that even though I know how to copy and paste, my PC skills likely aren't quite what most of yours are. I've only been online for two years now, and I've never had to use a PC for work since I'm a mechanic. I'll checkout that link though. :-D

mrogerc

Established Member
BillyGman said:

On that first burnout in the opening scene, I stayed on the go pedal until I heard the steel belts coming out of the tires (which I wasn't expecting to happen as soon as it did.

How old were the tires when you did this? Were they near the end of their useful life on the road? If not, that was one expensive burnout!

Users who are viewing this thread