OK, Its Monday, Is there a TOB fix yet?

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Things startin to sqeek a lot more. I keep looking for birds around me when im driving. I dont want to take it to the dealer, have them puts around with it, and need it fixed again in another 4k miles or so. Or should I go have it fixed so that the retainer doesnt get flubbed up?

cobra101

Established Member
TOB pissing me off...

Well, I keep hearing others who got this fixed (mostly new tranny's) and it seems the TOB squel eventually comes back.

Is it worth it for me to bring the car in? If they replace the TOB won't it start to squel again in the future? If they replace the whole T56 won't it start to squel again in about 6,000 miles?

Is there a permanent fix for this yet? has anyone had this fixed and not had the squel come back?

Welding the retainer sounds interesting. I guess if we wait long enough there will be a GOOD fix.

Until then I must drive my car (dailiy driver) with the squel. It also seems to squel while clutch is out and I am driving in gear. Light pressure on the clutch pedal gets the squel to go away (but of course I don't do it. riding the clutch pedal is bad).

Arggghhhhhh

Aside from this TOB and MAYBE the tick (not sure if I have it yet), this car has been great. Ohh, and it has the pop when turning in a driveway sometimes.

RonL55SVT

Established Member
Had mine fixed two weeks ago!

Don't have that many miles on the new TOB, replaced two weeks ago. However, from reading the write ups on this board, it sounds like I shouldn't be surprised when the squeal returns. Needless to say, the old TOB began to drive me crazy......pull up to a light in your 03 and as your are waiting for the light to turn, you hear this shi-ass noise coming from the front of your car. Terrific!:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread