Ok I need some financial advice...what would you do...

Blown01GT

Established Member
Right now I have an 01 GT with no engine or trans. I blew the motor and picked up an 01 4v for cheap and my plan was to forge it and put my vortech on there and make 550 or so RWHP.

I have now realized that I dont have the money to finish the project anytime soon, and am debating what to do. If I sold all my parts I could make around 10-11k, then put the car back to stock and sell it. Then put money down on a used 03 Cobra.

Basically I have 3 options.

Option 1:

Let the car sit around for another year rotting while I make payments on it, until I finally have the money to finish the project.

Option 2:

Refinance the car and end up with a loan that pays off the current loan(If I even got approved), and I keep the difference to put towards finishing the car.

Option 3:

Part out everything Ive done, spend a couple K to put the car back to stock, sell it, pay off what I owe, then finance a used 03 Cobra or z06.

What do you think?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I am thinking option 3 also, but you have to realize you probably won't get what you want or think you should get for the parts that you sell. You see how the prices drop on everything no matter whether its never been used, or used for 2 seconds. Just something to keep in mind when figure up how much money you plan on getting for everything.

Chris

Blown01GT

Established Member
How much do KB blowers for 03's go for?

Id want at least 550rwhp in the Cobra, because thats what Im shooting for with the GT.

I like the idea of having a 550rwhp GT, plus everyone and their mother now has a Cobra.

Tough choice to make.

Users who are viewing this thread