Ok guys tell me what you've got under the hood

ONEbadmachONE

Redirect NOS to air vent!
Established Member
Hey I am trying to figure out a plan for hopping up my mach. Let me know what you have done and what your numbers are. Thanks

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
713Vortech3.JPG

463rwhp

Thats what Im packin'. :beer:

Last edited:

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
Yeah baby!!! FAST TRACK TO BIG NUMBERS!!! What else did you do? Also could you possibly send me a pic of you valve covers? I wanna see how those coil pack covers look on a mach. I saw a pair on a cobra but they were painted black. Kinda lost some of the detail. P.S. How much did that vortech set you back, and how long was installation?

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R Hpipe, Magnaflow Catback, C&L 85 mm MAF w/inlet pipe, PHP Intake Spacer, NX Wet Kit jetted for 150 shot, and tuned by HPP.
I put down 459/597 :thumbsup:

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
ONEbadmachONE said:
Yeah baby!!! FAST TRACK TO BIG NUMBERS!!! What else did you do? Also could you possibly send me a pic of you valve covers? I wanna see how those coil pack covers look on a mach. I saw a pair on a cobra but they were painted black. Kinda lost some of the detail. P.S. How much did that vortech set you back, and how long was installation?

713Vortech4.JPG

You can see them a bit better here.

The only other power mods on the car are a Magnaflow Catback, and a BBK catted X pipe. It makes great power for just a "few bolt-ons". :D

Through Powered By Ford, I got the complete kit for just over $5000. The install is not a one day ordeal, but it certainly is worth it.

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
BBK Longtubes, BBK O/R Hpipe, Magnaflow Catback, C&L 85 mm MAF w/inlet pipe, PHP Intake Spacer, NX Wet Kit jetted for 150 shot, and tuned by HPP.
I put down 459/597 :thumbsup:
THATS SOME INTENSE TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!! HP is not too shabby either. ;-)
I bet it sounds good too.

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
Thanks Hotrodk, thats a great pic. I am definately getting a pair now. My valve covers are black because I have an 03 so they will really stand out and look awesome. I am very tempted by that vortech. Thanks for the comments.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
ONEbadmachONE said:
THATS SOME INTENSE TORQUE!!!!!!!!!!!! HP is not too shabby either. ;-)
I bet it sounds good too.

The Nav cams LOVE the juice. 500 rwtq is easily attainable on a 100 shot. I am actually thinking of taking the nitrous off though, after a few passes at the track. I just dont use that kind of power on a daily basis. I would rather have spent for some cams and p&p on my heads.

ONEbadmachONE

Established Member
WhiteTxMach said:
The Nav cams LOVE the juice. 500 rwtq is easily attainable on a 100 shot. I am actually thinking of taking the nitrous off though, after a few passes at the track. I just dont use that kind of power on a daily basis. I would rather have spent for some cams and p&p on my heads.
Wanna sell it? I might be interested depending on what your asking. Pm me and we'll talk.

Angus

Established Member
ONEbadmachONE said:
Hey I am trying to figure out a plan for hopping up my mach. Let me know what you have done and what your numbers are. Thanks

Stock engine + exhaust/gears/suspension/weight reduction.

Numbers:

12.166 @ 112.16 mph :-D

MACHSELF

Established Member
HotRodK said:
713Vortech4.JPG

You can see them a bit better here.

The only other power mods on the car are a Magnaflow Catback, and a BBK catted X pipe. It makes great power for just a "few bolt-ons". :D

Through Powered By Ford, I got the complete kit for just over $5000. The install is not a one day ordeal, but it certainly is worth it.

What RWT did you see?? I'm trying to put together the "best bang for the buck" scenario. I already ordered my fully forged 5.0 stroker shortblock but 'am torn on the actual blower to use.

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
I think it was around 435rwtq, if I remember correctly. :dw:

It is a lot of money at once, but it is a great bang-for-the-buck. :D

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
Now that its over, I dont even remember about the time involved. :-D

And thanks Matt! I will be seeing you at the Commons meet. We wont be making it to Donotos. See ya then buddy. :D

Angus

Established Member
MACHSELF said:
Props to the 1.59 60 ft time!!!! Hope you have 31's......

A beefed-up 31-spline rear was one of my 1st few mods... ;-)

bincky

Established Member
500.5 hp and 424.1 ft.lbs. of torque to the wheels (Dynojet SAE)... ;-)

(by the way...this is on Procharger's "8lb. kit" with a 4.15 inch blower pulley...it actually peaks at about 11 lbs. just before redline)

772Engine_640x480.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread