Ok guys need help. Going against an 01 vette.

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Ok heres the deal. My cousin is coming down for a couple of days visiting before he leaves for Iraq. He has an 01 vette 6-speed manual and yes he can shift and he will be powershifting ( thats the only regret I have about the L ). As far as mods he only has Corsa catback exhaust. Last night we were cruising and he kept jumping it next to me so we went from like a 25 mph roll. Of course he was in first at the perfect RPM and not to mention he dead hooked. We were side by side till about 100mph then by the time we hit 125 he had a good car on me ( damn those aerodynamics :( ). He got lucky that run cause he usually never hooks. My question is do you think I should challenge him from a dig or would it be a waste of time for him? And yes im on F1's. Thanks in advance.

Tony

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Ported blower or a Kenne Bell/Whipple.

If not.....find some 555r's and challenge him from a dig. But if ya did any of the above blower options....he'd see your tail lights til around 110.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I'd say go from a dig, but with F1's that'd be pretty useless unless you get lucky. Personally, I can't get F1's to hook at all. Invest in some DR's and traction bars, they make all the difference.

DA BOLT

Established Member
Take him to the track and go 1/4 mile with what you got now and you should take him. Remember, corvettes are better top-end vehicles than a 5000 lb truck but you should see a better 1/4 mile trap than his vette especially if you are near 400hp now. :thumbsup:

MOORESPEED

Established Member
Does any one know if 15x10" weld draglites will fit on the back?, because my friend has a set that I might but and throw some ET streets on them.

fixious SVT

Which way?
Established Member
im pretty sure that 15" wheels wont fit around the rotors. i think 16 is the smallest you can go. correct me if im wrong guys.

Bootbox

Established Member
Challenge him to a Home Depot run:

First one there and back with a 4x8 sheet of plywood and 500lbs of brick.

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
fixious SVT said:
im pretty sure that 15" wheels wont fit around the rotors. i think 16 is the smallest you can go. correct me if im wrong guys.
They make 15" for the L's. I think they are Bogarts. LOL bogart..... I knew a few of them

Users who are viewing this thread