ok, diagnosis time...little help guys

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Car is built, blown with 60 pound injectors, 90mm LMAF and Vortech sq-trim. Has run like a top since the day it was tuned a year ago. Very recently, the car went so rich it will barely start and run...smells like raw fuel vapor coming from tail pipes. You can literally smell gas standing 10 feet from the car. Here's the strange part...I read a couple posts about reloading the tune, so, I figured I would try. I loaded the stock tune back on and for giggles tried to start the car. It cranked right up. Its rich/idle surge because of the 60# injectors; however, I can drive it around the block, stop, start...no fuss. I really believe if I just put the original injectors and MAF back on...it would roll like the stock car did. Ok, now...go and load the blower tune or the blower/valet tune on and it will barely crank and idle. Back to near liquid fuel coming out of the pipes, wont accelerate from a stop, etc. So...here's my question:

What goes wrong on a blown car that will allow the stock tune to run, but, won't permit the blower tune to work???? And, it's not the tune itself. Oh, as a sidenote...earlier in the week it busted out a PATS code...p1260 that never had an effect on anything and a p1131/p1151 lean both banks code as well. Both have been cleared and not returned

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
wow that's a tough one. I would say check and make sure your O2 sensors are still good. Other than that I have no clue..

RSbeast

Established Member
Have you checked all the mechanical type problems that might cause this? Fuel pressure change (afpr went bad)/dirty maf etc....aside from that it sounds like communication error somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread