Ok, all you diagnostic wizards...help out

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Car is built, blown with 60 pound injectors, 90mm LMAF and Vortech sq-trim. Has run like a top since the day it was tuned a year ago. Very recently, the car went so rich it will barely start and run...smells like raw fuel vapor coming from tail pipes. You can literally smell gas standing 10 feet from the car. Here's the strange part...I read a couple posts about reloading the tune, so, I figured I would try. I loaded the stock tune back on and for giggles tried to start the car. It cranked right up. Its rich/idle surge because of the 60# injectors; however, I can drive it around the block, stop, start...no fuss. I really believe if I just put the original injectors and MAF back on...it would roll like the stock car did. Ok, now...go and load the blower tune or the blower/valet tune on and it will barely crank and idle. Back to near liquid fuel coming out of the pipes, wont accelerate from a stop, etc. So...here's my question:

What goes wrong on a blown car that will allow the stock tune to run, but, won't permit the blower tune to work???? And, it's not the tune itself. Thanks guys. Oh, as a sidenote...earlier in the week it busted out a PATS code...p1260 that never had an effect on anything and a p1131/p1151 lean both banks code as well. Both have been cleared and not returned

Last edited:

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
you can also have bad o2's causing it to say its lean so the motor goes rich, unplug them it should go to base map. also check your ect, if it went bad it can read ful cold -40 and dump alot of fuel

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
The first thing I thought of would be O2 sensor or spark plugs.

Check them to see if they are fouled.

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
the first thing to do is to dio the lean codes. second thing is there is a possibility that u have an injector or injector(s) stuck open however if this was the case i would expect to see mis fire codes aswell. third thing is the possibility of a bad FPR. (dusted diaphram) forth possibility.....clean the maf....if u can datalog get the stft's , maf ad counts, all dtc's and see if the upstream 02's are switching and an accurate fuel pressure reading- with vaccum on and off the fpr

Last edited:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Yeah, 02's, FPR and ECU are all things I was thinking. I was hoping someone may have seen such a problem before and worked it out. Looks like I have a damn gremlin in it. Was hoping I could avoid throwing parts at it. Thanks guys...keep em coming if you got em

Users who are viewing this thread