oil

COTA'00 L

I cleaned the trottle body today and noticed that with a breather cap on, oil is still going into the intake. So what I did since the breather cap releases the pressure inside the motor, I took off the pipe that goes from the driver side valve cover and plug up the inlets. As what I saw oil gets into the intake via that pipe. Now my question is will doing this effect the motor?

speeder

Established Member
Plug the hole on the bottom of the intake boot and put a small breather cap on the driver side valve cover, don`t plug it off, thats not good to do. I have a breather cap on both valve covers, and I plan on plugging the pcv valve, that will stop all oil from getting into the throttle body/intake.

Larry.

dr.HOG

Established Member
I picked up a PVC value kit via e-bay. It seems to help. I have not pulled the throttle body recently to double check. U may want to check out this option.

speeder

Established Member
These motors build up a lot of preasure inside, especialy when under boost, by plugging off the line on the driver side valve cover your limiting the ability of the motor to relieve the internal presure that builds up.

Larry.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by speeder
These motors build up a lot of preasure inside, especialy when under boost, by plugging off the line on the driver side valve cover your limiting the ability of the motor to relieve the internal presure that builds up.

Larry.

Well put. DON'T block off your valve covers.

Users who are viewing this thread