oil under blower

nucworker

Established Member
I removed my 2.6 KB today to repair a leaking heater tube. When I lifted the blower off, I found traces of oil on the flange where the KB o-ring is at and on the output of the blower. Oil is kind of brown in color. I checked the oil level in the KB and it is right in the middle where it's suspose to be. The KB oil is blue/green in color and was just changed. I checked the nipple where the PVC hose connects and no residue and also checked where the breather connects before the TB also no residue. I don't have a clue where this oil is coming from. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Patrick

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
If you have a stock PCV system, the oil is getting sucked from the valve covers, through the throttle body. Intercooler have the same residue? Turkey pan even worse?

nucworker

Established Member
Just got the intake off. I'll take a look in the turkey pan and see. I do have a really good oil/air seperator on the PCV system. I took the hose nipple off the air intake on the back of the blower and hit it with a q-tip and got nothing. This is why I'm asking for any advise. I'm stumped unless the previous owner of this blower had a crappy PCV system and the rotors got a little coating on them and the Meth injection loosened it up.

Users who are viewing this thread