Oil Separator Install

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
Well, after pulling Scott's (aka Sambandit) blower last time and seeing all the oil in the innercooler. We decided to install an oil separator. So, this is what Scott and I came up with. We wanted to hide most of the 3/8" fuel line and we wanted to separator to blend into the engine bay. The separator is ugly!! So, here is the finished product. I think it turned out quite well. You can remove the resevoir to empty the oil quite easy.

This is how we angled the fuel line out of the valve cover and to run down aginst the firewall and under the brake booster.
P1010184.gif

We moved the elbow to bend the opposite way to get the new fuel line aginst the fire wall and run down under the Booster.
P1010190.gif

Finished product.
P1010187.gif

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
That's a damn nice install. Whoever did it must have been pros! sb03cobra, can you elaborate on how much oil this things catches? How often are you having to empty it? Thanks......

Bluedot_26

This Space For Rent
Established Member
I ordered my separator from Steeda earlier this week ... are most of you using 2 ? or just on the driver side ?

I don't care what it looks like under the hood if it's keeping the mess out of the intercooler.

sb03cobra

Established Member
sambandit said:
That's a damn nice install. Whoever did it must have been pros! sb03cobra, can you elaborate on how much oil this things catches? How often are you having to empty it? Thanks......

I only have about 200 miles on the car since the install, several WOT runs, and its already half full. Here is where I installed mine..........

Oilseparator.jpg

Only bad part is that its not real easy to drain it.

Last edited:

67scstang

SVT
Established Member
Yeah like Scott said, that was the original idea. That looks nice. It crazy to think about that amount of oil in 200 miles!! Why not just do it from the factory.

robbcwz

Established Member
67scstang said:
Why not just do it from the factory.

Maybe Ford just figured it was some additional lube for the blower, and not such a big problem!

Presumably the rate of oil capture is a function of the time spent in boost?

Users who are viewing this thread