Oil Separator and Valve Cover Breather?

CobraLov3r

Established Member
Hey guys,

Curious about a few parts if they're worth getting, and which I should choose.

I was looking at the Metco Valve Cover Breather on Lethal Performance's website. Curious what advantages I have with getting one, and if its even necessary or worth it. That is just a plug and go correct? What is the maintenance on that filter?

Second, I am interested in getting an oil separator/catch can. What is the best one I should go with for my 03 cobra, mods listed down below. There are different options for what size I need such as -8an,-10an,-12an, not sure what that means and which one I would need.

Thanks for the help. Links down below to the products I was looking at.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...illet-engine-breather-tank-oil-separator.html

http://www.lethalperformance.com/sh...otorsports-press-in-valve-cover-breather.html

cj428mach

Established Member
If you care about is how it performs and not to much about looks you might check out the steeda oil separator. Its ugly and basically just a shop air compressor water separator but it does a wonderful job. The previous owner of my car installed one and left the stock pcv in place and while it only had 7500 miles on it when I opened up the intake to install the whipple there were no signs of any oil ever being in there. The intercooler and intake both looked brand new, and the separator slowly collects oil after going out and getting into boost. My old car had prefilters on it so now I'm running prefilters and the steeda so I should have even less of a chance for oil to make it in.

I can't stand the look of the steeda anymore so I have a JLT on the way. I hope it does as well as the steeda did as far as keeping things clean.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Not sure what is encompased in all those links, but I will say you CANNOT run a valve cover breather on one side of the motor and a oil seperator connected to the intake on the other. This is a vacuum leak, and you will run lean. You either need to have both sides plumbed to the intake, or both sides vented to atmo, and the intake ports plugged.

No mix and match.

Users who are viewing this thread