Oil restrictor

ballx4xlife

Established Member
Hey guys, do you know where I could find a .063 oil restrictor for my ball bearing turbo? I went to Pepboys and Advanced Auto Parts and they had no idea what I was talking about. I don't really want to buy one online because the shipping will cost just as much as the restrictor itself. Thanks

Digital

Established Member
Hey guys, do you know where I could find a .063 oil restrictor for my ball bearing turbo? I went to Pepboys and Advanced Auto Parts and they had no idea what I was talking about. I don't really want to buy one online because the shipping will cost just as much as the restrictor itself. Thanks

Nitrous jet? That's what I'm using. Explain more plz.

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
nitrous jets work, BUT make sure you can properly screw both oil fittings with the nitrous jet in between them. honestly though your better off buying an actual restrictor online. local stores wont know what your talking about. as for shipping, atp turbo sells them.

if your looking for a cheap hobby, this ain't it.

ballx4xlife

Established Member

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
I would guess you would really need the .035 seeing you have a ball bearing turbo.
I run 1 .065 for my twin 60's with journal bearings.

ballx4xlife

Established Member
I would guess you would really need the .035 seeing you have a ball bearing turbo.
I run 1 .065 for my twin 60's with journal bearings.

According to the guys who I bought my kit from, I need a .063. Its a T76 if that means anything (dont know if bigger the turbo, bigger the oil restrictor?)

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Its all about oil pressure. The bb turbos need less pressure than journal ones.

Digital

Established Member
According to the guys who I bought my kit from, I need a .063. Its a T76 if that means anything (dont know if bigger the turbo, bigger the oil restrictor?)

I use a .068. It's not that big of a deal. Just get whatever. It's just gonna prevent it from blowing oil past the seals and causing turbo life decrease as well as smokey start-ups.
My fitting allowed me to use a nitrous jet perfectly so I did, don't let people scare you away from using it if it fits properly on your setup.

ballx4xlife

Established Member
I use a .068. It's not that big of a deal. Just get whatever. It's just gonna prevent it from blowing oil past the seals and causing turbo life decrease as well as smokey start-ups.
My fitting allowed me to use a nitrous jet perfectly so I did, don't let people scare you away from using it if it fits properly on your setup.

Ok. I will try the nos jets.

Users who are viewing this thread