Oil Recomendation for Supercharged Engine

A302

Established Member
I have a Coyote with a Roush blower making 561rwhp. I'm looking for an oil recommendation for this engine? The car is a street car that goes to the drag strip. What oil weight would be good for this use? Thanks

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
RP_zps491e6d13.jpg

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I trust my cars to the original formula Mobil 1 syn. I do not like the Extended performance. I have tried royal purple in my LS1 Z, I was not happy with the drop in oil pressure. I am really debating switching to Amsoil, even though my first experience did not end well. I really can't blame the oil now I guess, it was a stupid over rev and it spun a barring.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I trust my cars to the original formula Mobil 1 syn. I do not like the Extended performance.

How could you not like it, it's a superior formulation. However, almost certainly still contains hydrocracked base stocks like their mainline product, but possibly in lower percentages.

I have tried royal purple in my LS1 Z, I was not happy with the drop in oil pressure.

How much of an oil pressure drop? That's typical when you use a true synthetic base stock, since it has a lower frictional coefficient. Also, with better cold flow properties, cold idle pressure will most likely be the greatest difference you are seeing.

I am really debating switching to Amsoil, even though my first experience did not end well. I really can't blame the oil now I guess, it was a stupid over rev and it spun a barring.

What formulation were you using, and what year did this happen?

Users who are viewing this thread