Oil question

66GT350

Established Member
Well, one of the first orders of business after I get the new snake home Friday will be an oil change (tradition I have whenever I bring a new car home). In the past, I have always run Royal Purple synthetic in everything that I have in the garage. However, since she's not your daddy's push rod 302, I was curious what you guys are running (brand and weight/visocity, please). Thanks in advance for any info.

venomizd93

Established Member
Mobil 1 Full synthetic and filter

10w30 in colder
10w40 in warmer weather

never had a problem with leakage but i used it when the car had 6k on it. Looks like you will need the 40 then if you're in texas

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I use 20w80. I likes it thick.....I thought about just dumping some crisco in, but I haven't decided on what type...Penut oil, or vegetable....JK.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by 97CasperCobra
I've always used Mobil 1 Synthetic 5w30. I use the Motorcraft oil filter as well, have never had a problem with either.

Ditto...same here.:beer:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I thought about just dumping some crisco in

Isn't it hard to stuff that gooy stuff down the oil hole ... oh, wait a minute, you're probably using the cooking oil, not the grease.

I tried using that real thick stuff, but it's too hard to wipe off the dip stick, and keeps tearing my paper towel LOL.

Dan

Last edited:

venomizd93

Established Member
Maybe some Olestra would be good.....cuts down on the fatty content.....may get a little runny out the othe end though:coolman: :xpl:

Lee

Established Member
I've been using Mobil 1 10w-30, and Mobil 1 filter, for years. I've recently switched over the Amzoil 10w30 and Amzoil filter. They're both pretty equivalent. I don't like anything thinner than 10w in the 5.0 motors.

Svets96

Established Member
I use Mobile 1 5w30 fully synthetic with a KnN oil filter. KnN oil filters are real good keeps the engine cleaner alot longer.

Users who are viewing this thread