OIL PRESSURE/ TEMP

BigScott96

Established Member
Hello All,

I am sure this is here already. I could not find any threads. I have autometer gauges. What should my oil pressure be fluctuating from 20-100? Also what should my normal driving temp be? I am running around 210.

01yellercobra

Established Member
How stock is the car? IIRC the stock thermostat opens at 190-195. On my Cobras the fans didn't start until 214ish I think. That was low speed. The high speed didn't turn on until mid 220's.

Oil pressure changes with RPM and engine temp. It's possible to see 100psi on a cold start high idle. I don't remember what hot idle and cruising are off the top of my head. But as the RPM goes up the oil pressure will rise with it.

BigScott96

Established Member
How stock is the car? IIRC the stock thermostat opens at 190-195. On my Cobras the fans didn't start until 214ish I think. That was low speed. The high speed didn't turn on until mid 220's.

Oil pressure changes with RPM and engine temp. It's possible to see 100psi on a cold start high idle. I don't remember what hot idle and cruising are off the top of my head. But as the RPM goes up the oil pressure will rise with it.
Thank you. I understand the oil pressure moves. I am looking for the range people are getting on oil pressure and temp. The car is basically stock.

shurur

Established Member
I don't have any numbers from the ecu.

~100 at startup, then settling down at Idle to ~37.

It is really about what meter and sensor combo you have installed.
The have the Autometer and a stewart thick film sensor. The sensor is not the one that came with the meter.

These are only approximate numbers from my meter install.

Coolant temp is 210 at high idle, then settling to 180 at idle.
My sensor is mounted on the inlet hose going into the oil cooler.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine is 90-100 psi cold and 20 psi at operating temp; which is typically the same as coolant temp, 180 degrees.

I have mechanical AutoMeter gauges.

Users who are viewing this thread