Oil pressure low, sending unit?

SVTeeshirt

Established Member
So yeah, even when i beat on my car the oil pressure stays low, it stays in the [NORMAL] Range but NEVER leaves N, no matter what speed/rpm/throttle it will never increase, i find this kind of odd. I'm thinking sending unit( im thinking that because its a cheap fix.) lol hopefully? Any suggestions?

CJK440

Established Member
Its not a linear gauge, just a dummy gauge. It either reads nothing or something based on the PSI the pressure switch is set at.

If you get some sort of reading at least you know you are getting at least the setpoint of the pressure switch. I think its like 7 psi or something low like that.

CJK440

Established Member
Caster Camber plates for Coilovers

I'm an idiot, delete me please.

Last edited:

SVTeeshirt

Established Member
Its not a linear gauge, just a dummy gauge. It either reads nothing or something based on the PSI the pressure switch is set at.

If you get some sort of reading at least you know you are getting at least the setpoint of the pressure switch. I think its like 7 psi or something low like that.
alright good to know, is there anyway to change the PSI of the pressure switch?

I'm an idiot, delete me please.

this thread is not about CC plates lol.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
yeah, it shows pressure at like 6 psi, I suggest you get a real gauge, most people have done it by now, I have on ein my car, but have yet to actually hook it up, sooner or later hopefully lol

SVTeeshirt

Established Member
Alright well i went for a short drive and the whole time i'm on the interstate, at low RPMS mind you, the oil pressure is low as hell, almost on the Low line, not even touching the N in Normal. When i get off it seems to fluctuate a lot coming up to almost half way, weird.... I have a miss on cylinder 5 i think it is? Anyway, as im getting off the interstate i push the clutch in to downshift, i do it a little slow, and the car just dies, battery light comes on RPM drops to zero, Last time it did that my MAF was bad or i had a vacuum leak, does this indicate another Vacuum leak somehwere? I've looked everywhere and cannot find it.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU I was about to start some modding and this shit happens, every single time i swear.

Users who are viewing this thread