oil pressure gauge needle pointing the wrong way

etfhb

Established Member
i'm waiting at the light 3 blocks from home, i look at the dash and the oil press. gauge is at zero.

car was running fine and hasn't been beat on lately

oil changed by me 1 month ago and dipstick reads full.

i assume the car cannot be driven at all and needs to be towed to the dealer tomorrow.

Any way I can tell if it is only the oil pressure-sending unit?

I do not remember ever reading about this happening to other 03’s

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
Try switching the Gauge Cluster into Diagnostic Mode and see if the Digital Readout give you the same Zero Oil Pressure reading. This might tell you if the actual Gauge has gone bad.

Then check under the car to see if the Sending Unit is plugged in or if the Wire is broken.

If everything else looks good I would replace the Pressure Sending Unit down by the Oil Filter.

Last edited:

etfhb

Established Member
thanks for the advice, i'm not used to problems with this car besides the usual tsb's. for peace of mind i'm happy i was close to home and driving like an old lady today (it is Sunday);-)

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
on my car the gauge in car reads good pressure, when i put it in diagnostic mode, the digital read out is 0 always, retarted. i have purchased a separate oil pressure gauge to moniter pressure, cant stand dummy gauges, hold on, did a diagnostic on it again and the digital read out is showing 002 to 007 finally settling to 002 during idle after start-up and short idle period

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread