Oil Pressure gauge acting up

pauli864

Established Member
So recently i did the MM oil filter relocate kit and rebuild the Oil cooler with new O-rings and the gasket that sandwiches on the block.. any ways after i installed it i drove the car to cars and coffee over the weekend and i notice at idle the needle goes all the way down like if i turned the car off but the sec i start to drive it goes back up to normal ended up getting the car home i did the following i checked my engine oil and its reading full i also replaced the oil pressure switch on the cooler for a new one the car idled for about 15-20 min and the needle never dropped so i was sure i fixed it but when i start to roll down the driveway it starts to surge needle goes down for 2 seconds then back to normal then back down im confused. also another thing the left AN fitting on the adapter plate that screws on to the oil cooler engine side is leaking oil not super fast but enough that in 5-10 min it will start to drip every min would that be just enough to make the needle go down?? esp now that i extended the oil filter back off the original location 6inches to a foot away?? also could it also be possible that the hoses are not going in the right direction like could they be crossed does it matter how i connect them would that mess it up?? ill add pictures of how its connected and the leak i hope someone cant help!
Oh yeah btw the hoses go from the oil cooler adapter (engine side) left side to the right side on the oil filter adapter and right side from engine to left side filter adapter if that makes sense i added picture to help a little

20180204_2128031_zpsajzuvuuj.jpg

20180204_2013591_zps42u7zmr8.jpg

20180204_2013481_zps6qcho72a.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you had the lines reversed your engine would be toast by now. Happened to a friend of mine when a shop installed the remote filter.

It sounds more like an electrical issue to me. Make sure the wires didn't get damaged or pinched. Worse comes to worse you can get a mechanical gauge and make sure everything it still good.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My oil pressure gauge zeroed out on me once.
2 minutes later I had two spun rod bearings. I'm sure that's not your issue though.

pauli864

Established Member
Double check that the lines going into the filter aren’t reversed.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

just so i can make sure the hoses are going to the correct ports can anyone help me and tell me how they go

pauli864

Established Member
If you had the lines reversed your engine would be toast by now. Happened to a friend of mine when a shop installed the remote filter.

It sounds more like an electrical issue to me. Make sure the wires didn't get damaged or pinched. Worse comes to worse you can get a mechanical gauge and make sure everything it still good.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

I hope I hope it's electrical that's what I'm starting to believe but when it comes to oil pressure got me freaked out

pauli864

Established Member
My oil pressure gauge zeroed out on me once.
2 minutes later I had two spun rod bearings. I'm sure that's not your issue though.

like I like I said I don't know how long it was doing it for the day after I got the kit put on but I literally drove the car I would say 2030 miles and the needle was fine it only acted up when I came to a stop for the second I started driving it the needle State up how it should be and the only thing that changed was that kit what I keep hearing if the pressure was really bad I would have already spun a bearing by now even if the gauge was acting up if I had no pressure

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
NOTE: It is important to understand that each one of the Remote Filter Mount ports must be connected to the correct port of the Engine Block Adapter. Specifically, the inboard port of the filter mount must be attached to the rearward port of the Engine Block Adapter. The outboard port of the filter mount must be attached to the frontward port of the Engine Block Adapter. This port orientation provides proper flow of oil through the filter.

Users who are viewing this thread