Oil pressure(electric) & Eng. Temp(electric) Gauge install

Status
Not open for further replies.

modded46

Established Member
Using the coolant drain plug sounds like the way i'm going.. So this may be a stupid question, but do I have to drain the whole cooling system to install the sensor?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
modded46 said:
Using the coolant drain plug sounds like the way i'm going.. So this may be a stupid question, but do I have to drain the whole cooling system to install the sensor?

When you pull that plug what ever didn't come out of the radiator drain...
Is going to come out now...
so yes... be ready with the drain pan.

It will be pretty darn close to empty after that point... actually would be a good time to blow it all out w/ compressed air and switch to waterless coolant at that point........... If you got the money that is...(I didn't :( ) Evans NPG+ rocks!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Last edited:

realaxed83

Established Member
Awesome thread, def. helped me through my install. Thanks for taking the time out to help others.

ConsSVTCobra

ThE iNSaNE iRiSHMaN
Established Member
Stupid question? No such thing.

modded46 said:

I don't think that that's a stupid question. I'm a 27 year old computer programmer that reads binary code, but could NOT tell you ANYTHING about my car, gauge's and etc.
My point is that some people know more than others and that's why this site exists. I purchased my '99 SVT with all the mods that are now on it now. And I basically put my car in this site's hand.
I too had the same question, that's why I responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread