Oil Press Sender

Silbult14

Established Member
I have an Auto Meter electric oil pressure gauge in my '14 GT and it was pretty simple. I used a "T" fitting where the stock sender screws in by the oil filter. In fact even if you didn't want to maintain the stock gauge function I think you would probably still need to use a "T". If the computer dosen't get a reading from the stock sender it's going to think the engine dosen't have any oil pressure and it will probably lose it's electronic mind and send up all kinds of warning lights. Auto Meter recommends that you use a flexible braided line from the "T" to remotely mounted sender rather than mounting the sender directly to the "T" as they think engine vibration may eventually cause the fitting to crack. Since the sender is cantilevered out on the end of the fitting and is fairly heavy I can see their point. If you're planning to use a mechanical gauge then the flex line will be all you need. You can use an "add a fuse" to run power from the fuse box on the passenger side kick panel to power the gauge light and the gauge itself in the case of an electronic gauge.

Ron Simoni

FIREFIGHTER
I have an Auto Meter electric oil pressure gauge in my '14 GT and it was pretty simple. I used a "T" fitting where the stock sender screws in by the oil filter. In fact even if you didn't want to maintain the stock gauge function I think you would probably still need to use a "T". If the computer dosen't get a reading from the stock sender it's going to think the engine dosen't have any oil pressure and it will probably lose it's electronic mind and send up all kinds of warning lights. Auto Meter recommends that you use a flexible braided line from the "T" to remotely mounted sender rather than mounting the sender directly to the "T" as they think engine vibration may eventually cause the fitting to crack. Since the sender is cantilevered out on the end of the fitting and is fairly heavy I can see their point. If you're planning to use a mechanical gauge then the flex line will be all you need. You can use an "add a fuse" to run power from the fuse box on the passenger side kick panel to power the gauge light and the gauge itself in the case of an electronic gauge.[/QUOT

Ron Simoni

FIREFIGHTER
FYI: I hooked up the temp using a inline temp sensor in the heater hose,,,works perfect. I did have trouble finding a good ground for the sender so if anyone is having a problem getting it to work check the ground. Also its the right side ( passenger) intake heater hose you tap the sender into.

Users who are viewing this thread