Oil Pan!!!

Pipe_Dreams

Established Member
A rock dropped off a truck in front of me, and i ran over it leaving a small pen size hole in the bottom of the oil pan. leakin oil all over the place! local shop looked at it, they wanna charge just over 400 to fix it. then i heard about "jb weld" i believe it was called. gonna get the car in the garage tonight and drain the oil and clean it up and try this "magic weld". Any other suggestions!! you all think this will work..

slicktsax

Established Member
your best bet is to just get a new oil pan. you can get one from British American Transfer for under 200 bucks, plus it has the new baffles to help prevent oil starvation under high cornering. website is here www.batinc.net/contour.htm it's not a hard install. you will have to drop the y pipe to do it but it aint so bad. a buddy and i did one on his svt tour in 30 min. yay!! i'm up to 25 posts lol aint a newbie anymore

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Get with Steve @ Tousley (see sticky) and order the new one. Changing the pan on this car is no more than dropping the ypipe and removing the pan. Save yourself the money and DIY. Search CEG if you need the P/N.

Users who are viewing this thread