oil pan or cooler

ASMACH

Termimach
Established Member
So I think my oil pan gasket didn't seal right with a stock oil pan MMR windage tray and following mmrs installed instructions. Since Its such a hassle to get the oil pan back out I was wondering if I should get a new mmr pan for extra cooling/capacity or would it be as good to add a extra oil cooler and keep the stocker instead of making a mmr pan work (isn't there alot more involved than just swapping pans ie dipstick and pickup?)
Tips on what cooler to buy or if mmrs pans are worth it appreciated
BTW my car is a 03 mach 1 eaton swap with mmr sb and boltons stock pulley for now

SlowSVT

Established Member
The pan will do little to cool the oil. Extra pan capacity is never a bad thing though (Canton makes a nice road race pan). An External cooler is not a bad idea either but not necessary unless your tracking your car. The cooler is best located in the LH brake duct.

SlowSVT

Established Member
What brand oil coolers are u guys buying?

The biggest one you can fit in the brake duct.

Not a big difference in what brand cooler you use. I have a Melcor BAT, Inc. - MOCAL Oil Coolers

Don't forget a thermostat (cold oil is very bad for your engine) BAT, Inc. - MOCAL Oil Coolers

This is the best adapter I know of WATER INLET/OIL FILTER ADAPTOR 05 [M-6881-A5] - $165.95 : CHICAGO CONNECTION, Your High Performance Parts & Accessory Shop

The bumper support is a great place to rubber mount the cooler and make some duct work out of sheet plastic (Kydex works well) to channel and seal the air to do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread