oil pan advise

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
i know there are more mod motor guys on this site but i'd figure id pick your brains a bit too.

this oil pan came with the 408 that i got. i wanted to make sure before i put the engine in that this pan will work ok if i road race the car. i plan on doing some open track events in the future but nothing too serious with it. maybe a couple times a year.

its made by canton but i cant seem to match it with anything they make on their site. still waiting to hear their response

408pics001.jpg

408pics008.jpg

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
It looks like this Pan: www.cantonracingproducts.com - 13-672SV - 351W SVO FOX BODY DRAG POWER PAN

It should be ok for road racing, the problem with it is that it is very deep and will hang lower then their road race pan. It also doesn't have the baffles that the road race pan has.

Patrick

cool, but it should work ok though?

the one i found that was closest to what i got is this one but the front plug is in a different location http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=15-670S

Last edited:

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
cool, but it should work ok though?

the one i found that was closest to what i got is this one but the front plug is in a different location www.cantonracingproducts.com - 15-670S - 351W DEEP REAR SUMP PAN WITHOUT SCRAPER

What have you done for suspension work? What tires are you going to be running on track?

You should be good, but if you are planning on running a sticky tires and have major suspension mods done and plan on running more then just a few events, I would consider going with the proper pan.

But yes it will work.

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
What have you done for suspension work? What tires are you going to be running on track?

You should be good, but if you are planning on running a sticky tires and have major suspension mods done and plan on running more then just a few events, I would consider going with the proper pan.

But yes it will work.

i'm still in the newb stage, i have yet to do my first hdpe event but that is in the plan. i will start out using high perf. summer tires, i doubt this car will ever have a R comp tire on it but u never know. the suspension is all stock style right now with tokico d-specs/h&r race springs and some other odds and ends. future plan is to have a MM phb/ta setup (or griggs watts/ta if i have the money), maybe tubular front end too but it wont be for a while.

GR-40 Pat

Established Member
Sounds like your on the right track! Seat time, Chassis stiffening/protection, Rear suspension, and then front suspension.

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help you with.

racer

Established Member
i'm still in the newb stage, i have yet to do my first hdpe event but that is in the plan. i will start out using high perf. summer tires, i doubt this car will ever have a R comp tire on it but u never know. the suspension is all stock style right now with tokico d-specs/h&r race springs and some other odds and ends. future plan is to have a MM phb/ta setup (or griggs watts/ta if i have the money), maybe tubular front end too but it wont be for a while.

Good luck with everything. I can only give a couple of pieces of advise.

Be patient with the HPDE process (remember you cant win the thing)

The most important thing is to have fun :beer: (and drink a lot)

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
Good luck with everything. I can only give a couple of pieces of advise.

Be patient with the HPDE process (remember you cant win the thing)

The most important thing is to have fun :beer: (and drink a lot)

thanks for the advise :beer:

ur car is sick btw, saw a couple of your build threads!

Users who are viewing this thread