Oil light

Jaysvt99

Established Member
Ok I got the svt running new head gasket. Just a quick question it seems like its running hot. Idk maybe it's me the temp goes to the middle then slightly more and the fans kick on and cools it down. My question is the motor is hot extremely hot. If I rev it up for a few seconds it takes a while but the oil light comes on. I have not changed the oil yet since I did the head could it be maybe some antifreeze thinned the oil out? Any thoughts thanks.

RichR

Established Member
You got coolant in the motor when your head gasket went or you have a cracked head.

The coolant in the oil will damage your bearings.
I wouldn't have even started it till all the coolant was cleaned out.

Drain it. Let it run for a few min then check the oil.

Did you inspect the heads?

When you added collant. Did you run the AC set to max ac with the heat turned all the way up on the defroster? while leaving the overflow cap off and adding coolant ? If not you probably got air in the system.

Last edited:

Jaysvt99

Established Member
I inspected the head and block I didn't see anything cracked. I didn't set the AC to Max I will try that I am going to drain the oil and and change it with a new filter. Do these cars run hot though? I mean the temp gauge reads normal and fans are working as they should.

Users who are viewing this thread