Oil level and Rebuild questions

4OCIUS4V

BOOST Junkie!!!!
Established Member
Basically I made some base line runs on the dyno today to see where i was at stock before I put the blower on. Well we make the first run and she runs strong and hard til about 6300 then it peaked and didn't want to go anymore and power fell off quick. So we make another run, struggles to even pull to 6k so we shut it down. The motor dies after we clutch it. Struggles starting, then won't idle. Start it again, give it some gas to keep it alive, dies again. Start it up and I hear knock knock knock knock knock. At that point I **** myself and swallow my stomach. Not want I'm wanting to hear. So we check the oil and it ended up being a quart low. Now my question is I know its important to keep the level up but I'm just about due for an oil change and was gonna do it while we had the car on the lift for the install. Would a quart low cause a spun bearing issue? Or should I look into something else. AFR was steady and never leaned out. This motor is completely stock and hasn't been opened up at all. Next question. Whats a realisitic price that I'm looking at to rebuild the bottom end with good cp pistons and manley rods? I'm a "do it right the first time" kinda guy so I want to use the best parts without going to oliver billet rods. So how much am I looking at for rods, pistons, bearings and machining?

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread