Oil leaking from EGR?

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I just finished installing my posi ported blower and and noticed this from the back of my blower...

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Also threw 3 codes:

P1000
P2196
P2198

20120529134754.jpg

Last edited:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
im taking it off tonight. if there is no gasket you have permission to make fun of me.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
im taking it off tonight. if there is no gasket you have permission to make fun of me.

Yeah it doesn't look like there is a gasket.... :poke:

I don't think you should have oil coming out the EGR tube anyway. Dbl check the PCV hoses near the EGR for a pinhole or cracked hose. It's common for the PCV to have oil in it. Maybe under boost some got sprayed onto the EGR flange to make it look like it's coming from the EGR. It's right next to the EGR port.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Well, I know there should be a gasket, are you saying yours doesn't have one? I am guessing the oil is just from the PCV putting it into the intake.. Do you have a catch can?

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Yeah it doesn't look like there is a gasket.... :poke:

I don't think you should have oil coming out the EGR tube anyway. Dbl check the PCV hoses near the EGR for a pinhole or cracked hose. It's common for the PCV to have oil in it. Maybe under boost some got sprayed onto the EGR flange to make it look like it's coming from the EGR. It's right next to the EGR port.

LOL yeah...we will find out in a few hours

Looks like its coming from that EGR valve/manifold though right?

Haven't gotten into boost yet, just about to start logging for the tune and was getting some idle surge... then i found that :lol:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
Well, I know there should be a gasket, are you saying yours doesn't have one? I am guessing the oil is just from the PCV putting it into the intake.. Do you have a catch can?

No catch can, 100% stock PVC set up and all

Users who are viewing this thread