oil leak

thunder21

Straight Cash Homie
Established Member
I noticed under my truck today there is a nice little puddle of oil. It is located right in front of my driver side tire. I think it is coming from the intake. I looked inside the filter housing and there is nice little puddle of oil and I stuck my hand inside the intake "tube" and there was a good little puddle there as well. Is it possible for it to leak that much? I guess it's time for an oil separator and a good cleaning of the intake, TB, and intercooler.

Robert Francis

Established Member
I can recall back in September of 2001 when I put a cone filter on my 01L I bought new in July of 2001, and I was stunned to find a;; this oil in my rubber intake tract before the throttle body. And when a few months later I put on an Accufab SBTB and how cruddded up the stock throttle body blades were!

Heres a bit of advice: do some "searching" before you put install an "oil seperator." There are some types that work - and some that don't. There's tons of info in here from guys who have had years of experience with them - don't waste your time on devices that don't work.

Users who are viewing this thread