OIL Leak form the rear passenger head?

lightningone

Established Member
I took the truck to ford yesterday becaues there is a oil leak coming from somewhere and seeing that I have a sweet warranty there going to take care of it. Well so far they said that the oil leak is from the head. Is that even possible? I would think coolent but not oil anyways has any ever delt with this or heard of it. Look like I'll be driving around a rental (taurus) until at least tuesday. Thanks for and input or comments.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Yeah it's not that uncommon.

The head has oil passages in it for oiling the cam journals and the timing chain tensioner's.

IneritaSVT

Fuel Slut
Established Member
good thing the warr is covering it. Its not a cheap repair I am gona do mine soon and I am not looking froward to it. If you want to find more about it search for oil weepage.

lightningone

Established Member
up date

Well come to find out that the gasket was leaking and not only that but the passenger head was also bad so now ford is going to replace everything. Thank god for a warranty.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Becareful. I had ford fix this on my truck and now I have some shitty HP numbers. I dont know if its the trucks has always had shitty numbers or the heads issue. Either way My truck has never been the same.

ALan

Users who are viewing this thread