Oil in intake manifold

baconcootie

Need advice! I put a 2 lb. lower pulley on my ported Eaton keeping my 2.76 upper pulley. I started seeing oil in the air intake so I put breather filters on both valve covers. I sealed both PVC tubes. After a day at the drag strip, I started seeing smoke on start-up and oil dripping from an exhaust manifold. I removed the supercharger and found at least a pint of oil in the intake manifold. Mr. Google seems to think that the PVC system is still the problem, but I fear that it is something more serious. Is the next step removing the heads? The engine is currently out of the car.
TIA

Wayneo

Established Member
If you deleted the PCV system that can’t be the problem. I would have done a compression test before taking the engine out but since you did I would do a cylinder leak down test to try and isolate the problem before tearing it down and hoping you find the problem.

Did you get a new tune after putting the 2lb lower on? You may have melted a couple pistons if not.

SVTDice

Established Member
I would start with a compression test and a leak down test anything between a 5% variance. Should not be alarming. 10% normally the general average that is considered acceptable. Make sure you do a dry test and a wet test and pin the throttlebody open when you do a compression test. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Users who are viewing this thread