Oil getting into throttle body

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member
Initially, I thought it was getting back in through the PCV, but the tube at the intake is dry. It's almost as though it's coming back out from the blower??? Haven't seen this problem yet and wondering if you guys have any thoughts at all. I've been getting a decent cloud of smoke on startup and after sitting at red lights for a minute or so. Possible bad seals in blower??? From one problem to the next...

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
pcv system!! my car does the same shit!!! i hate it.. matter of fact i went to the track last month, and after i made a full out pass the car was running like shit.. the idle air control valve was full of oil.. so since then i removed the pcv system and ran breathers.. i need to get my tune adjusted now cuz it thinks it has a vacuum leak.. no more smoke at start up! and no more worries about the tb/plenum getting full of oil..

UptonMustang

The FASTER Cobra
Established Member
pcv system!! my car does the same shit!!! i hate it.. matter of fact i went to the track last month, and after i made a full out pass the car was running like shit.. the idle air control valve was full of oil.. so since then i removed the pcv system and ran breathers.. i need to get my tune adjusted now cuz it thinks it has a vacuum leak.. no more smoke at start up! and no more worries about the tb/plenum getting full of oil..

The PCV can cause that much of an issue? At one point, before I bought it, there were breathers on this car but it caused a lot of fine oil spray everywhere. I removed them and reconnected the pcv system with a catch can on the driver's bank. Before I go the route of breathers again, maybe running the intake pcv over to the catch can would be a cleaner approach.

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
I was seeing some oil in the blower inlet after a good pull... looked like it was coming from the PVC line behind the blower. I installed the BF catch can on driver side and pre filter on passenger. Very little to no oil now!

Users who are viewing this thread