Oil gauge?

robraySVT

Established Member
I just picked up my 03' SVT focus and I noticed that when I come to a stop the oil gauge needle falls lower towards where the 1/4 mile mark would be on a gas gauge and goes up to the 3/4 area when I accelerate. Is this normal for the SVTs?:shrug: Thanks. BTW mine has about 130 miles on it.

AZ SVT

Established Member
Oil pressure goes up with engine speed so that is normal. These guages aren't that cosistent from one SVTF to another so the exact point on the dial doesn't matter.

In fact, according to people who have talked to SVT and checked their own cars, these engines don't even have an oil pressure or temperature sender. Just the typical yes/no sender used for idiot lights that says if there is minimal oil pressure or not. The reading on the oil pressure and temperature guages are computer simulations of what those would normally be on an engine based entirely on other sensors such as water temp, RPMS, etc.. It realy sucks because if you really had a problem such as oil pressure staying at idle amounts at redline, you would waste your engine while the guage falsly showed high pressure

1stSVT

Established Member
Huh, and I thought it was a cool thing to have all of these x-tra gauges. Oh well better than having the change holder.

SilverOH3SVT

Jettai Master/Texas LEO
Established Member
Originally posted by AZ SVT
Oil pressure goes up with engine speed so that is normal. These guages aren't that cosistent from one SVTF to another so the exact point on the dial doesn't matter.

In fact, according to people who have talked to SVT and checked their own cars, these engines don't even have an oil pressure or temperature sender. Just the typical yes/no sender used for idiot lights that says if there is minimal oil pressure or not. The reading on the oil pressure and temperature guages are computer simulations of what those would normally be on an engine based entirely on other sensors such as water temp, RPMS, etc.. It realy sucks because if you really had a problem such as oil pressure staying at idle amounts at redline, you would waste your engine while the guage falsly showed high pressure

:nonono: Well that sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread