Oil gauge problem.

El Chileño

Established Member
Yesterday I took apart my speedo on my lightning because it needed cleaning. Where the gauges were it was all dusty.

So after I gave it a good cleaning I went to bought it back. Bolted everything back up. Then I went for a drive up the street and notice that the oil gauge wasn't working. Wow.. i pulled over and turned it off. I turned it to the on position 3 times to see if the oil gauge needle would even move like every other needle does.. but nothing.
I gave the top of the dash a little hit and the needle jumped to half and just stayed there even if I turned that car off.

I haven't had time to take it apart again.. but I thought it was a little weird. What you guys think??
I hope I didn't break anything.

Last edited:

Linden

Banned
Hello El!

Check the oil dipstick under the hood if its got the rite amount of oil in it then it could be a bad oil pressure sending unit to the oil pressure gage.Plus if its low on oil you'll hear it knocking.

yellrcobra

Established Member
I had this problem with my 95L. The oil gauge worked but wouldn't sometime.. I ended up changing the oil gauge part of the cluster out and putting a mechanical auto meter in it.. Pm me I can send you the spare portion of the cluster if you would like to try it.

Users who are viewing this thread