oil filter

slammedi'am

Established Member
just seeing what everyone uses.got to change oil in my truck next week.i always use motorcraft on all my other rides i had

khooper

Established Member
If you want the best, two companies come to mind immediately: Amsoil or Mobil1. Amsoil is the absolute best synthetic oil you can buy, bar none. It runs the engine 8-10 degrees cooler the Mobil1 and the engine wear is less.

slammedi'am

Established Member
ive heard that about amsoil.the truck has had royal purple ran through it all its life i do believe so ill prob go back with it.

Taunto

Established Member
i run AMSOIL in everything I own... besides the lawn mower lol... along with a amsoil oil filter.... and AMOSIL is the only motor oil I know that guarntees 12000 kms between intervals for oil changes... and if u blow ur engine with in the 12000kms and it can be traced back to from the oil breaking down... AMSOIL will fully cover all work and damage....

DREX01AZ

Established Member
Id go with either a K&N, mobil or fram tough guard oil filter. Theyre all about 9 bucks, but worth it if youre putting royal purple in.

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
mobile 1 filters only! used to run motorcraft until I looked at the motorcraft oil seal next to the mobile 1 oil seal. 100x's more secure, twice or three times as thick, and no way for it to blow out as easily as a motorcraft filter seal could blow out

slammedi'am

Established Member
looks like ill be getting a mobile 1 filter on this truck.always used royal purple in the my other old rides but w/motorcraft filters.

thanks to all

Harley#356

9.89 @ 138.78 in a HD!
Established Member
mobile 1 filters only! used to run motorcraft until I looked at the motorcraft oil seal next to the mobile 1 oil seal. 100x's more secure, twice or three times as thick, and no way for it to blow out as easily as a motorcraft filter seal could blow out

motorcraft filter.....thin rubber o-ring, held in by a measly 6 tiny crimps, and will pull right out if you tug on it, and usually sticks to the oil filter flange when you remove an old one...

Filter01.jpg

mobile 1 filter....thick rubber o-ring, held in by a constant crimp around the entire perimeter, won't pull out if you tug on it, and rarely ever will stick to the oil filter flange when you remove an old one.

Filter02.jpg

the last thing I want to happen at 5800 RPM's on a WOT blast and 80 lbs of oil pressure is to blow out the cheapie motorcraft oil seal right in front of the rear drivers tire. Mobile 1 it is!

iTz JoHN

Established Member
I use Motorcraft and royal purple.. It will not make a difference if you have a big seal or a small seal.if the seal seals it is going its job. The seals can come off all filters when removing it.

slammedi'am

Established Member
i always wipe mine off w/arag and pet oil on the seal before i put them on.where i work i do it all day long.i work for a get ready shop for a used car lot and fram has been the worse(imo)about the seals coming off.alot of people over tighten the filters too.

Users who are viewing this thread