oil filter sandwich plate

rmurer

Established Member
Any cons to using these? Going to be adding an oil pressure gauge next oil change and i think the sandwich plate is the easiest route to go to add another sender unit.

Vert

Established Member
I just used a sending unit and a couple of brass fittings to relocate the stock sensor and to fit my sender. Wasnt difficult at all and I can take a pic for u if needed.

rmurer

Established Member
I just used a sending unit and a couple of brass fittings to relocate the stock sensor and to fit my sender. Wasnt difficult at all and I can take a pic for u if needed.

that'd be swell if you wouldn't mind.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I've heard of them leaking I just made a lego master piece. I'm thinking using the MMR oil filter relo with ports already in it.

Vert

Established Member
that'd be swell if you wouldn't mind.
Here you go and its 1/4 NPT so any hardware store will carry what you need.
installed oil send.png
close up1.png

Silbult14

Established Member
The brass fittings are pretty easy to find. I got a "T" from Oreilly's. It's important that the stock sender be retained otherwise the computer will probably lose it's electronic mind thinking that the engine dosen't have any oil pressure. Autometer recommended [ and I agree ] that the sender not be mounted at the end of the "T" or "Y" fitting since the sender is rather heavy and the fitting will have it cantilevered out pretty far and engine vibration may cause the fitting to crack. They recommend using a braided flex line from the fitting and remote mounting the sender. I mounted mine with a home made aluminum bracket bolted to the inner fender where the sound tube used to be bolted. The wire or oil line in the case of a mechanical gauge can be routed through a rubber plug where the sound tube goes through the firewall.

Vert

Established Member
The brass fittings are pretty easy to find. I got a "T" from Oreilly's. It's important that the stock sender be retained otherwise the computer will probably lose it's electronic mind thinking that the engine dosen't have any oil pressure. Autometer recommended [ and I agree ] that the sender not be mounted at the end of the "T" or "Y" fitting since the sender is rather heavy and the fitting will have it cantilevered out pretty far and engine vibration may cause the fitting to crack. They recommend using a braided flex line from the fitting and remote mounting the sender. I mounted mine with a home made aluminum bracket bolted to the inner fender where the sound tube used to be bolted. The wire or oil line in the case of a mechanical gauge can be routed through a rubber plug where the sound tube goes through the firewall.
In this autometer video they just use a T and the oil sender install is towards the end of the video.[video]https://youtu.be/esdSIpgdQ1M [/video]

Silbult14

Established Member
I know, but if you read the instructions that come with the gauge you'll find that they have a different opinion. Certainly it would be better if they were more consistent in their information.

Vert

Established Member
I know, but if you read the instructions that come with the gauge you'll find that they have a different opinion. Certainly it would be better if they were more consistent in their information.

Your way makes sense and it would be easier to install without the autometer sender In the way.

Users who are viewing this thread