Oil filter relocation

Michael Plackis

Established Member
I am building a Teksid with 99-01 cobra heads and eaton. I wanted to use an oil filter relocation kit and cooler but I wasn't sure which kit to use for the relocation because there are a few options on most sites that sell them. I was thinking a 96-98 cobra one because they used the Teksid I believe.
Any brand or website recommendations that are good or to stay away from would be useful as well
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you looking at replacing the cooler or do you want the fitting that attaches where the filter screws on?

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Michael Plackis

Established Member
I believe it's the fitting that screws in so I can put the oil filter in a different location and run a cooler inline with it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're getting the one that removes the filter and screws the adapter on in it's place, then the style really shouldn't matter. The filters and filter mounts are the same. The difference I think would be if you're getting rid of the cooler and using the piece that bolts directly to the block.

Michael Plackis

Established Member
What does the oil cooler on the block itself do? It's my frost build so I'm not 100% familiar. I was just gonna get the one that screws into the filter and uses braided lines and AN fittings and just run a cooler inline

01yellercobra

Established Member
That would be the set up you'd need if you want to run an external cooler. I have the Maximum Motorsports set on mine. And to be honest I'm not 100% happy with it. The adapter is a Canton piece and it always seems wet around it. I don't have any drips, but there is usually something to wipe off when I'm under the car.

You can always make your own, but I don't know if you'd save any money. I know when I looked into it the prices were close.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
That would be the set up you'd need if you want to run an external cooler. I have the Maximum Motorsports set on mine. And to be honest I'm not 100% happy with it. The adapter is a Canton piece and it always seems wet around it. I don't have any drips, but there is usually something to wipe off when I'm under the car.

You can always make your own, but I don't know if you'd save any money. I know when I looked into it the prices were close.

Sounds like the issue I have with the kit also.

Another thing is the FL1HP filter it uses seems to be discontinued.

Michael Plackis

Established Member
Do you guys have any issues besides making my own. I could do that because I have full access to a machine shop so if there's really nothing I'll give it a shot one day

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the MMR track cooler with the filter relocation. Quality is there. Nice parts. I don't have it all installed yet but I like it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Okay I'll do a little more research on it. So you run that with the stock oil cooler in place?

Correct. And the stock cooler uses coolant to cool the oil. That the idea at least. An external cooler would probably work better. If you want to run an external cooler you'll probably want to make your own set up. I know mine didn't come with enough line to add a cooler anywhere useful.
Sounds like the issue I have with the kit also.

Another thing is the FL1HP filter it uses seems to be discontinued.
I found the FL1HP on Amazon not to long ago. But I was changing the oil that day so I grabbed an FL1A from Wal-Mart. No issues yet.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread