Oil Filter Housing Oil Leak

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
Hey guys,

I have used the search engine and found my problem. Most of you guys recommend tightening the shaft with the 12mm hex. However, my car 01 Cobra has 102,942 miles on it and suspecting the o-ring is going bad.

Should I just replace the o-ring to prevent a future leak?

It dripped a lot yesterday afternoon when I drove it for one mile. I clean the steering rack and the oil filter housing and no leak this morning. I know it will come back to haunt me.

Thanks for your help! :beer:

Last edited:

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Try tightening it first. It takes a 1/2" allen but I used a 1/2" bolt that I double-nutted and it worked well and was free. If it still leaks, then you probably need a new o-ring(s).

zPipes

Established Member
Yea that o ring seems to be a problem sometimes. Also, I hear that sometimes it takes the car to warm up and everything to expand to fully get the seals to seal. (grammar) Glad it was a quick fix.

01BlkSn8k

Established Member
Also, I hear that sometimes it takes the car to warm up and everything to expand to fully get the seals to seal. (grammar) Glad it was a quick fix.

This surely explains why it has quit dripping, well not so much. Thanks Guys! :burnout:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Also, I hear that sometimes it takes the car to warm up and everything to expand to fully get the seals to seal.

+1 .... the seals we had on our GE-T64-416 aircraft turboshaft engines would expand and contract with the outside air temp.... cant be any different on a car.

Users who are viewing this thread