Oil filter housing adapter gasket

MustangMatt77

Established Member
How would one go about getting the rear bolt off the oil filter housing adapter?

I've removed the front 3 made easier by removing the ps pump, but that back one I can barely get a finger on it at this point.

I have another oil leak and its either the oil filter adapter gasket or these two o rings I keep coming across in the search results.

When I start the car up it just bleeds oil from what looks like the filter adapter gasket area, I figure if it were the o rings it would not have oil dripping up near the block where the adapter mounts.

Norton 850

Established Member
Figured it out, the filter housing will separate from the adapter after removing the threaded 13mm hex portion that the filter screws onto, thus providing access to the 4th bolt.
Does your housing look like this? I have a '97 and the oil rains down from what looks like the adaptor gasket. a peice of gasket actually broke off when i applied very little pressure. I'm waiting on gasket part , but was wondering how to get at that bolt. All other videos I've watched showed a low profile housing. Thanks for any insite you can give me on making these any easier project.

Attachments

• IMG_0969.JPG
    IMG_0969.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 55

Users who are viewing this thread