Oil Cooler pix

krman68

Established Member
Does anyone with the track pack have pix of the oil cooler setup?

I'm looking to install on my base '13 and would like to see where the factory put the radiator and hoses

Thanks

LT5

Established Member

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
Does anyone with the track pack have pix of the oil cooler setup?

I'm looking to install on my base '13 and would like to see where the factory put the radiator and hoses

Thanks

The standard car also has an oil cooler. The main benefit of the TP oil cooler is that it increases overall thermal capacity because it is separate from the radiator (where the stock oil cooler shares space with the coolant radiator)... Meaning to get the most benefit, you'd have to replace the radiator as well. Just FYI.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the pix and the info. Good to know

Noticed your sig, cool '68 KR.
My dad has his '67 GT500 Lime gold/white stripes/black interior car in the resto shop getting paint. I can't wait to see it done. He paid $4,000 in 1981!

Anyway, what is your thinking for adding the TP oil cooler?
I think it would be rather complicated and really only necessary for open track outings.
-J
:beer:

krman68

Established Member
Hey Bimini

Once your Dad's 67 gets painted he is gonna love the color. I bought mine when it was in need of a total resto. Wrestled with painting it another color but glad I stuck with the original. After painting it looked awesome and was happy I stuck with Lime Gold and the stripes. Good luck with it and post pix when done.

Regarding the oil cooler, I need it for open track sessions. The oil gets way to hot too quick and forces me to come off and let it cool down then go back out

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I definitely will, I have a pic of me helping him sand it for primer when I was like 4-5, so it will be a big deal to see it completed. He has a 427 with a 428 crank to make it about 454" of FE power :)

Now I see it is functional for track cooling, you maybe able to find a nice aftermarket system if adapting the factory cooler proves difficult, but I like the idea to keep the factory parts. Good luck and keep us posted.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread