Oil cooler delete

Project96svt

Big Pappa
Established Member
I was wondering if any body has delted there oil cooler I know it.is prone to failure and it just seems like too much hassle

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I have without any issues so far though I've probably only put 500-1000 miles on it since done.

CJK440

Established Member
Mine was deleted because it wouldn't fit with the MMR K frame.

I don't track my car if if its driven hard its only small bursts of spirited driving. I am not sure its necessary in my application.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Mark VIIIs came with NO oil cooler. You can probably pull their assembly off if you can find one in a junkyard.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
I think I have one, pm me if still needed. a mark 8 or just a gt will work, alot of dohc don't have oil coolers. just cobras and mach 1's(5spd).

makriluc

Established Member
OK whtcobra1998, how about posting a picture of it.
I'm just curious as to where does the coolant tube from the thermostat would go then?

Can some one enlighten me:shrug:

purevenom

Cobra with a hairdryer
Established Member
what has to be done with the coolant lines if you delete the oil cooler? Anyone have pics of what it looks like once the swap is complete?

makriluc

Established Member
Ok, I'm bringing back this thread for a good reason.
I rebuilded (with new seals and gasket) my oil cooler with no success, it's still leaking throught the pin hole even thought I tried to JBWelded it.
So here is the reason of this thread.
Does anyone has a replacement part from a Mark VIII, a 2v one off a 03-04 Mach 1 or a GT one lying around?
Here, it is still winter, so going to a junkyard to remove one from a donor car is out of the question at minus 10C (14F).

Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread