Oil Cooler Delete for GT500 swap fox.

FourEyedFord

Established Member
I am putting an engine from a wrecked 07 gt500 in my notch, and it won't allow the use of an 03/04 cobra motor mount with the oil cooler there. The k member would also need to be modified to fit the cooler which I don't want to screw with. If the car is mostly a street car and never ever autocrossed, can it just be deleted? I would just relocate the filter somewhere. Or would I need to buy an air/oil unit to plumb in line too? The car will get beat on the street and drag raced, but the car will never go to an open track.

FourEyedFord

Established Member
I saw the MMR kit. It replaces the oil/water cooler with an oil/air piece. Anyone used that style cooler? I suppose with a thermostat it should work the same if not better than the factory one.

Wiseguy

Established Member
I saw the MMR kit. It replaces the oil/water cooler with an oil/air piece. Anyone used that style cooler? I suppose with a thermostat it should work the same if not better than the factory one.

I MMr kit is nice and saves alot of room and the filter is in a nice relocated area. Its always beneficial to separate the coolant and oil from each other.

Users who are viewing this thread