Oil consumption

89armygt

Established Member
Hey guys my car has been eating up oil lately. I have to put a quart in about once a week and a half. Here is my question. Is the oil getting past the piston rings or is it getting past the valve seals? There is a set of fresh 96 heads for 250 that I was thinking of getting if its a valve seal issue. But if its the piston rings then Im just gonna have the block rebuilt. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
a quart a weak...dear god..are you sure you dont have a leak somewhere, if the car is burning that much you shoul dhave some heavy smoke and oil buring smell....do you have either?

89armygt

Established Member
I got the smell of the oil burning inside the car. But no heavy smoking. Well only under hard acceleration. Other then that nothing. There are never any oil spots on the ground where I park or anything like that. So I know its not a gasket anywhere. I think the reason for the quart a week is cause I drive alot during the day.

89armygt

Established Member
Well there I have it. Now to see if I can get someone to replace the rings on my car for me..... I just might buy those heads anyway and have them ported and grab a set of deletes. Hmmmmm........

Users who are viewing this thread